Specialty Soy Soaps
About Our Specialty Handmade Soy SoapsWe take great pride in handcrafting our 95% natural soaps in small batches. Our handmade soaps contain no parabens, no phthalates, no solvents or propylene glycol. Only the finest fragrances are used. The entire process is closely monitored to ensure only the highest quality handmade soaps make it out of our "labs" (okay, our kitchens!) The way we see it, there's no need to include harsh additives in soy soaps. Even without them, our handmade soy soaps outperform and out last commercial varieties. They're gentler on the skin, better for the body and easier on the planet. Because each bar is hand-cut to weigh 4.5 oz. or a little more, the size, shape and other characteristics vary. Every bar is unique, but the quality never wavers. Our soy soaps are ideal for virtually every skin type. Soy is known as a "smart" skincare ingredient because it has the ability to simultaneously moisturize dry skin, while controlling oily spots. We also use natural shea butter, a thick creamy fat from the African Shea tree nut, prized for its ability to nourish skin while retaining moisture. Castor oil is one of the richest, most healing skincare oils nature has to offer, and olive oil has been used since ancient times for the pure antioxidants and vitamins it gives to the skin. The castor oil, olive oil and soy are a Friendly Fumes specialty, creating a thick, luxurious lather you just won't find in other handmade soy soaps. Indulge yourself with one of our 95% natural handmade soaps! Find the fragrance that's just right for you, or head on over to our specialty soaps page and create a personalized product that's all your own. Did you know?
- Castor oil can be used to reduce dark under-eye circles! A small amount applied before bed can work wonders overnight.
- Castor oil is an excellent acne treatment. The ricinoleic fatty acids are naturally anti-bacterial and anti-fungal, but rich in antioxidants.
- Olive oil has been used since 6,000 BC by various peoples for skincare, cosmetics and bathing.
- Olive oil is rich in flavonoid polyphenols, natural antioxidants that can reduce blood pressure and cholesterol, and decrease the signs of aging.
- Soy protein is high in amino acids and vitamin E, which can restore skin's elasticity, even out complexion, and lighten dark spots.
- Soy can reduce the body's creation of keratin. Overproduction of keratin can lead to skin trouble like eczema and psoriasis.